5th June, 2015
Professor Glenn C. Morrison dritter Wilhelm-Klauditz-Fellow
As the third Wilhelm Klauditz Fellow of the Fraunhofer WKI, Professor Glenn C. Morrison augmented the research in the “Material Analysis and Indoor Chemistry” department.
During his stay, Prof. Morrison addressed the influence of textiles, particularly clothing, on the dermal absorption of indoor air pollutants. With his help, a device was designed with which the distribution of organic indoor air components between gas phase and textiles can be determined. Furthermore, he initiated scientific collaborations between the Fraunhofer WKI and Danish research institutions on the topic of “dermal exposure and biomonitoring”.
Professor Morrison received his doctorate in 1999 at the University of California, Berkeley under William Nazaroff. Since 2001, he has been Full Professor at the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla. His scientific focus is directed at the chemical characterization of indoor air pollutants, exposure studies and building technology as well as chemical reactions in interior spaces on surfaces and in the gas phase. His work on the interaction of ozone with building products has gained particular attention.
Professor Morrison is a former president of the “International Society on Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ)” and an elected member of the “ISIAQ Academy of Fellows”. Topics of his lectures are the chemical and physical interactions of gaseous and particulate matter in interior spaces.
Conference presentations and publications (updated)
- Bekö G., Morrison G., Weschler C., Koch H., Salthammer, Schripp T., Toftum J. and Clausen G. (2016) Measurements of dermal uptake of nicotine directly from air and clothing. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality and Climate, Ghent, Belgium, Paper ID 241.
- Morrison G., Bekö G., Weschler C.J., Schripp T., Salthammer T., Toftum J., Clausen G. and Frederiksen H. (2017) Dermal uptake of benzophenone-3 from clothing. Proceedings of Healthy Buildings Europe, Lublin, Poland, Paper ID 0229.
- Salthammer T., Uhde E., Varol D. and Morrison G.C. (2016) Accumulation of SVOCs in clothing from air. Proceedings of the ISES 2016 Annual Meeting, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Morrison G.C., Andersen H.V., Gunnarsen L., Varol D., Uhde E. and Kolarik B. (2017) Partitioning of PCBs from air to clothing materials in a Danish apartment. Indoor Air, available online, DOI: 10.1111/ina.12411.
- Bekö G., Morrison G., Weschler C.J., Koch H.M., Pälmke C., Salthammer T., Schripp T., Toftum J. and Clausen G. (2017) Measurements of dermal uptake of nicotine directly from air and clothing, Indoor Air, 27, 427-433, DOI: 10.1111/ina.12327.
- Morrison G., Weschler C.J, Bekö G., Koch H., Salthammer T., Schripp T., Toftum J., and Clausen G. (2016). Role of clothing in both accelerating and impeding dermal absorption of airborne SVOCs. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, 26, 113-118, DOI: 10.1038/jes.2015.42.