Fraunhofer WKI supports manufacturers of construction products with UKCA labeling

Customer information /

The Fraunhofer WKI is cooperating with the certification body the British Board of Agrément (BBA) with regard to UKCA labeling for construction products. In doing so, the Fraunhofer WKI is helping companies from the construction industry to access the British market after Brexit.

© Fraunhofer WKI | Manuela Lingnau

With Great Britain's exit from the EU, the terms of trade for construction products between the EU and Great Britain have also changed. Until now, it has been possible to market all construction products with the so-called CE marking. Transitionally, the regulation is still valid in 2021. From 2022, solely construction products with UKCA marking may be marketed in Great Britain. Manufacturers who want to export to the EU and Great Britain will therefore need a CE and a UKCA marking in the future.

Through a partnership with the BBA, obtaining the UKCA marking will be simplified for customers of the Fraunhofer WKI. “Through this partnership, we can offer all our customers uncomplicated processing of the formalities for obtaining the UKCA marking. We would be happy to advise our customers on this if required,” explained Dipl.-Ing. Harald Schwab, Head of the Testing, Monitoring and Certification (TMC) center at the Fraunhofer WKI. Questions concerning the process can be sent to

Last modified: